Cleaning the Door Seal (bellows)
- Open the washer door and remove any clothing or items from the washer.
- Inspect the seal between the door opening and the drum for stained areas or soil buildup. Gently pull back the seal to inspect all areas under the seal and to check for foreign objects.
- If stained areas or soil buildup are found, wipe down these areas of the seal using either of the following two procedures:
- affresh® Grit Grabber™ Cloth Procedure:
- When the cycle is complete, gently pull back the rubber door seal and clean the entire surface with the rough side of the Grit Grabber™ cloth.
- Dilute Liquid Chlorine Bleach Procedure:
- Mix a dilute bleach solution, using 3/4 cup (177 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach and 1 gallon (3.8 L) of warm tap water.
- Wipe the seal area with the dilute solution, using a damp cloth.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Wipe down area thoroughly with a dry cloth and let washer interior air dry with door open.
IMPORTANT: Wear rubber gloves when cleaning with bleach. Refer to the bleach manufacturer’s instructions for proper use.
Still need help?
Please contact us at 1-866-616-2664, or by live chat, email or mail.