Is the Ice Maker turned on?
The ice maker could be located in a couple of different location, depending on the type of refrigerator. Two different styles are shown below. Always check your Use and Care Guide for specific information, for your model, for using your ice maker.
- To turn on the ice maker: Lift open the ice maker door and lower the wire shutoff arm to the ON position.
- To manually turn off the ice maker, lift the wire shutoff arm to the OFF (arm up) position and listen for the click. Ice can still be dispensed, but no more can be made.
NOTE: Your ice maker has an automatic shutoff. As ice is made, the ice cubes will fill the ice storage bin, and the ice cubes will raise the wire shutoff arm to the OFF (arm up) position. Do not force the wire shutoff arm up or down
The ice maker is located on the left door behind the bins. Ice cubes are ejected into the ice storage bin located on the left hand refrigerator door.
Instructions on how to turn the Ice Maker on or off:
- Push up on the latch on the left-hand side of the ice compartment to open the door.
- Turn on the ice maker by moving the switch to the ON (I) position.
- To manually turn off the ice maker, move the control to the OFF (O) position.
- Your ice maker has an automatic shut-off. The sensor will automatically stop ice production if the storage bin is full, if the door is open, or the storage bin is removed. The control will remain in the ON (up) position.
Has the ice storage bin been removed?
The ice maker will automatically shut off when the ice storage bin has been removed. If the ice storage bin was removed and not properly replaced it could cause the ice maker to not function properly. Try removing and replacing the ice storage bin.
Is the ice bin installed correctly?
If your refrigerator has an in the door ice making system (external dispenser), ensure the ice bin is fully snapped into place. If the ice bin is not seated or installed correctly it can cause low or no ice production. Please see your Use and Care Guide for specific instructions on installing the ice bin.
Still need help?
Please contact us at 1-866-616-2664, or by live chat, email or mail.