How to remove and replace the shelves
NOTE: If your shelf type is not listed below, please reference your Use and Care Guide for your specific model's instructions.
The shelves in your refrigerator are adjustable to match your individual storage needs. Storing similar food items together in your refrigerator and adjusting the shelves to fit different heights of items will make finding the exact item you want easier. It will also reduce the amount of time the refrigerator door is open, and save energy.
To remove and replace a shelf (Type 1):
- Remove items from the shelf.
- Slide the shelf straight out to the stop.
- Depending on your model, lift back or front of the shelf past the stop. Slide shelf out the rest of the way.
- Replace the shelf by sliding the back of the shelf into the track in the wall of the cabinet.
- Guide the front of the shelf into the shelf track. Be sure to slide the shelf in all the way.
To remove and replace a shelf (Type 2):
- Remove the shelf/frame by tilting it up at the front and lifting it out of the shelf supports.
- Replace the shelf/frame by guiding the rear shelf hooks into the shelf supports. Tilt the front of the shelf up until rear shelf hooks drop into the shelf supports.
- Lower the front of the shelf and make sure that the shelf is in position.
Still need help?
Please contact us at 1-866-616-2664, or by live chat, email or mail.