Are you cooking on a high power setting?
A low hum sound may occur when cooking at high power. The cause of this is the amount of energy which is transmitted from the appliance to the cookware. This sound will quiet or go away when the power is turned down.
Are you hearing a fan noise?
The product may be equipped with an automatic cooling fan that runs when in use and/or after a cycle completes.
It is normal:
- For the automatic cooling fan to run when in use and/or after the heating completes.
- To hear the automatic cooling fan move air when in use and/or after heating completes.
- The cooling fan to run for extended periods of time depending on internal and external temperature.
The automatic cooling fan:
- Helps to cool the enclosed components and the electronic controls when in use and/or after the cycle completes.
- Keeps the electronic controls cool during every heating function.
- May run for extended periods of time depending on internal and external temperature.
Does the cooktop have a downdraft vent system?
Cooktops equipped with a downdraft vent system may make a humming noise when the vent is in operation.
The humming noise is caused by vent system and is part of normal operation.
Still need help?
Please contact us at 1-866-616-2664, or by live chat, email or mail.