Is the Lint Screen or Vent Clogged?
An F4 E3 (Restricted Air Flow) error code indicates that the lint screen or vent is clogged; the vent may be crushed, kinked or have too many turns. The dryer will continue to run when the is error is present. Touch any key to clear the code from the display and return to the estimated time remaining.
Try the following:
- Clean the lint screen
- Check to see if the vent run from the dryer to the wall is crushed or kinked.
- Confirm that the vent run from the dryer to the wall is free of lint and debris.
- Confirm that the exterior vent exhaust hood is free of lint and debris.
- Confirm that your vent system falls within the recommended run length and number of elbows for the type of vent you are using. See the Installation Instructions for details.
- Select a Timed Dry heated cycle and restart the dryer. If the message persists, have your entire home venting run cleaned. Contact a venting specialist.
CLICK HERE for more information about the importance of checking your vent
CLICK HERE for to watch a video on checking your outside exhaust hood
CLICK HERE for more information on crushed venting
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Still need help?
Please contact us at 1-866-616-2664, or by live chat, email or mail.