Is the freezer level?
If the Freezer is not level it could the lid or door to not seal properly. Level the freezer from side to side and front to back so that the lid will seal properly.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to level your freezer.
Are the shelves and/or baskets out of position (on some model)?
If the Baskets and/or Shelves are out of the position is could cause the following:
- Not allow the lid to properly close
- Not allow the lid to properly open
- Allow moisture and air in, potentially causing excessive frost build up
- Cause compressor to run longer to maintain temperatures
Is there anything preventing the door or lid from closing?
- Check to make sure food packages are not preventing the door or lid from closing properly. Rearrange containers so that they fit more tightly and take up less space.
- If your freezer was recently installed, make sure all packaging has been removed. Some packaging used to avoid damage during shipping could keep the door from opening and closing properly. Remove any material, items, or debris form the door or liid area.
Is the freezer in the proper location?
Do not install the freezer near an oven, radiator, or other heat source, nor in a location where the temperature will fall below 40°F.
Allow at least 3" (7.5 cm) of air space at the top and on both sides of the freezer and 1" (2.5 cm) between the back of the freezer and the wall. If the freezer is to be against a wall, leave extra space on the hinge side so the door can open wider.
NOTE: This freezer may be installed side by side with another refrigerator or freezer. Allow for a 3" (7.5 cm) clearance at the top and sides and a ¹⁄4" (0.64 cm) clearance between the appliances.
Still need help?
Please contact us at 1-866-616-2664, or by live chat, email or mail.