How to Prevent Food from Freezing in your Amana Refrigerator
Are the controls set correctly?
The best temperature for food storage is 38° F to 40° F in the refrigerator section and 0° F to 2° F in the freezer section. If food in the refrigerator section is freezing, it may be necessary to adjust both the refrigerator and the freezer controls. Begin adjustment with the freezer control, one temperature level at a time. Allow 8 hours for temperature adjustment before setting the control to the next level. Refer to your Use and Care Guide for further temperature adjustment instructions.
Are the air vents blocked?
In order to ensure proper temperature, you need to allow room for proper air flow between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. Cool air enters and exits the refrigerator compartment from the freezer compartment through vents. Depending on your model, these vents are in different locations. In the refrigerator compartment, items placed directly in the path of the freezer air flow may freeze
- Locate the vents in both the freezer and refrigerator compartments and ensure that there is nothing blocking the air flow.
- If vents are blocked, airflow will decrease. Temperature and moisture issues may arise due to blocked vents.
- Items placed directly in the air flow from the freezer compartment to the refrigerator compartment may freeze. Do not place temperature sensitive items, such as eggs and liquids, in these areas.
Blocked vents could cause the following issues:
- Moisture build-up; or excessive frost
- Temperature issues; inconsistent or fluctuating temperatures