How to level your Amana chest freezer
Does the freezer wobble or seem unsteady?
- Check the strength of the floor before installing your freezer. It should be able to hold the weight of a freezer fully loaded with food.
- Level the freezer from side to side and front to back so that the lid will seal properly.
- Use shims to level the freezer if necessary.
- Allow at least a 3" (7.5 cm) clearance on both sides of the freezer and 2" (5 cm) between the back of the freezer and the wall. Leave room above the freezer to open the lid.
- It should not be necessary to remove the lid during installation. If, for any reason, the hinges need adjustment, contact a designated service company.
See "Adjust the Door" or "Location Requirements" in the Use & Care Guide, for additional information.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.