I have an Odor from my Amana Dryer or on my clothes
Have you recently done painting, staining or varnishing where dryer is located?
Ventilate the area where the dryer is located if it has recently been painted, stained or varnished.
When odors or fumes are gone from the area, re-wash and dry the load. The odor is on the load because the dryer pulls in surrounding room air to dry the load. To avoid this, do not run the dryer while painting, varnishing or refinishing near the dryer.
To clean the dryer drum:
- Make a paste with powdered laundry detergent and very warm water.
- Apply the paste to a soft cloth or apply a liquid, nonflammable household cleaner to the stained area.
- Rub with the soft cloth until all excess dye and stains are removed.
- Thoroughly wipe drum with a damp cloth.
- Tumble a load of clean cloths or towels to dry the drum.
NOTE: This same cleaning process can be used for cleaning stains from the dryer drum.