Guide to Cleaning and Replacing the Grease Filters in a Downdraft Vent Hood:
Follow the instructions for cleaning and replacing the grease filter below.
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the vent hood and cooktop are cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
1. Turn off the vent hood and cooktop before removing the filters.
2. Remove each filter by pulling the spring release handle and then pulling down the filter.
3. Clean the filter in the sink with affresh® Kitchen and Appliance Cleaner, warm water and detergent, or in the dishwasher.
affresh® cleaners are available at many retailers. Find one here.
4. Dry the clean filter(s) and reinstall, making sure that they lock into place.
5. Reinstall the filter by making sure the spring release handles are toward the front. Insert metal grease filter into upper track.
6. Push up on metal filter and release handle to latch into place.
7. Pull the spring release handle down.
8. Follow above procedure to replace grease filters.
NOTE: If the retractable downdraft vent does not operate after clean filters have been installed:
1. Push the filter in as far as it will go.
2. When the filter is removed, the microswitch behind the filter is inactivated.
3. This feature will not allow the vent system to operate until the filter is properly installed.
And if you need a new one, grease filters are replaceable:
This part can be ordered at our Purchase Genuine Parts site.