Cooling fan is operating or running:
The oven is equipped with an automatic cooling fan that runs when the oven is in use and/or after a cycle completes.
It is normal:
For the automatic cooling fan to run when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
To hear the automatic cooling fan move air when the oven is in use and/or cycle completes.
The automatic cooling fan:
Helps to cool the enclosed oven cavity and the electronic controls when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
Keeps the electronic controls cool during every oven function such as BAKE, BROIL or CLEAN.
If you have a convection oven:
It is normal for the convection fan to operate during preheat when using non-convection functions.
- May also hear the convection fan operating or cycling in ANY cooking function.
- ANY gas or electric freestanding range or wall oven with convection.
- Operates during preheat for both non-convection and convection functions.
- Turns off when the oven door is opened.
- During preheat or when convection cycle is selected, the convection fan will come on:
- Turns on immediately for all ELECTRIC convection models.
- Tuens on after approximately 5 minutes for GAS convection models to allow proper burner flame establishment.
The reason the convection fan runs:
To provide better baking and cooking performance, the convection fan:
- May cycle on/off for short intervals during preheat, depending on model, to optimize preheat times and provide uniform oven temperature.
- May run or cycle in ANY cooking function, besides just a convection cycle.
- Does not change cooking time on non-convection functions.