- Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off.
- Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- To avoid damage to the cooktop, do not use steel wool, abrasive powder cleansers, chlorine bleach, rust remover or ammonia.
Burned on soil can be removed from the ceramic glass cooktop surface by following 3 steps:
Step 1: Remove food / residue with a scraper designed for ceramic glass cooktops.
For best results, use scraper while cooktop is still warm, but not hot to the touch. It is recommended to wear an oven mitt while scraping the warm cooktop.
Hold scraper at approximately a 45° angle against the glass surface and scrape the residue. It will be necessary to apply pressure in order to remove the residue.
Allow the cooktop to cool down before proceeding to Step 2.
Step 2: Apply a few dime-sized drops of affresh® cooktop cleaner / ceramic glass cooktop cleaner to the affected areas.
Rub the affresh® cleaner onto the cooktop surface with the blue cooktop scrubbing pad. Reasonable pressure is needed to remove stubborn stains.
Allow the cleaner to dry to a white haze before proceeding to Step 3.
Step 3: Polish with a clean, dry cloth or a clean, dry paper towel.
- Repeat the Steps 1 – 3 as necessary for stubborn or burned on stains.
CLICK HERE for a video on cleaning ceramic glass cooktops.
- Complete Cooktop Cleaner Kit 31605. The kit contains (1) 4 oz bottle of cooktop protectant, (1) protectant applicator, (1) scraper, (6) cleaning pads, (1) 8 oz bottle cooktop cleaner.
- affresh® Cooktop Cleaner W10355051. 10 oz. Cooktop Cleaner removes baked on foods from ceramic glass cooktops.
- Scrubbing Pads W10391473 (20 pads). Used to remove light soil or water spots.
- Cooktop Scraper WA960B. Cooktop Scraper helps remove stubborn baked on foods. Simply apply Cooktop Cleaner (not included) and use scraper to clean cooktop surface.
affresh® cleaners are available at many retailers. Find one here.